Spectrum analysis shows strange carrier

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Jul 20 20:19:16 UTC 2009

Hello Philipp,

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:39:47 +0200, "dexter" <zero-kelvin at gmx.de> wrote:

> We have a Toy-Spectrum-Analyser here, so i have measured the output of
> our BS-11 when initalized with -f 123
>
> http://www.root.runningserver.com/pub/openbsc_spektralanalyse.png

Not sure what you are measuring on peak one and two, but channel 123
should be 959.6 MHz, this is most certainly the third peak. There might
be small signals (e.g. from the oscillator of the BS-11) on other
frequencies, but they should be much smaller than the main signal.

I don't know what the specification for a BTS allows as level for
emitting on other frequencies, so I can't give you any numbers how
strong those other signals can be.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de