Documentation of the BS-11 - what do we know?

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Jan 19 14:10:44 UTC 2009

Hello Holger,

> If you need some help in the near future (as soon our equipment arrives,
> orders left the building today... or at least they should): we have full
> equipped and licensed GSM-E1-Analyzers. I think we can provide some
> traces if required (I know that Harald has shoot an ELMI-Abis-Analyzer
> at EBay, just for notice).

Good to know that. What about a GSM Analyzer for the Air Interface :-) ?
In the moment ISDN E1 traces are not that important because its under
control of OpenBSC anyway. The traces of the Siemens specific configuration
commands were done on the RS232 interface of the BS-11, the configuration
software under NDA uses RS232 only, at least I don't have any other
BS-11 specific software which uses the ISDN interface.

I anyone has access to a real GSM Abis Interface and can provide traces
of a working network this could be very interesting to have a look at.

And for tracing the GSM air inteface with cheap equipment, well, lets
hope that we can get something for that in the future...

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de