Work on ipaccess-config and software load

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:59:05 UTC 2009

>        - For the nanoBTS in the SW Load Init and Load End message one needs
>          to add the SW_DESCR IE but without a length. 12.21 would probably
>          require the length but this is omitted. The other part is that the
>          file id must be set to "id\0" and the version to "version\ 0" or
> at
>          least was set like this in the example trace I had.
>        - Strings must be written with the '\0' in it.

- Actually the SW_DESCR IE doesn't have a length. It's defined in 12.21 -
9.4.62 as having a File ID IE followed by a File Version IE and since both
have length, they don't use a length for SW_DESCR.
- And for the \0 things, I thing the file id and file version can be just
any binary blob and they just choose to use zero terminated strings ...

So they just match 12.21 closely AFAICS :)

The data sent currently in sw activate packets is wrong btw ... there is a
patch in my pending branch fixing that but apparently needs to be validated
against a BS-11 to be sure it still works with it :p

    Sylvain