URGENT: range 1024/512/256 encoding of neighbor cell list required

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Dec 25 23:40:05 UTC 2009

Hi!

We've just finished most of the build-up of the GSM network at 26C3, and
I've noticed that the ARFCN's that we've been allocated are further than
111 apart, i.e. we cannot use the 'variable bitmap' format that OpenBSC
implements so far.

If anyone understands (and/or has time to implement) the specification
in GSM TS 04.08 10.5.2.13.3 / 10.5.2.13.4 / 10.5.2.13.5, or even the full
algorithm as specified in "Annex J: Algorithm to encode frequency list
information elements", I would be extremely grateful.

Off to bed, will be yet another long day tomorrow.