[op25-dev] OP25, python, and the upcoming *buntu 20.04 releases - heads up and FYI....

Andy Knitt andyknitt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:11:07 UTC 2020

To provide a little bit of hope:

I recently when through updating TwoToneDetect from Python 2.7 to 3.X.  I
had been putting it off for a long time and was dreading it, but in the end
it didn't end up being as bad as I had feared.  I used 2to3 as a starting
point and that took care of easy stuff like print statements, and then
after that just started tackling the error messages one at a time...after a
few of those...all of a sudden it worked.  What I had anticipated taking
weeks ended up only taking a few hours.  OP25 is certainly more complex and
will likely take more effort, but hopefully it'll be a similar experience.

Andy