[op25-dev] Why can't I hear fire tones?

'William Becks' wllmbecks@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sat Jun 16 23:25:22 UTC 2018

OK.  I see that it’s a Phase II system but is not simulcast.   I am wondering why you’re missing some of the transmissions?  Have you checked to make sure the firmware in the scanner(s) that you’ve tested or are using have the latest and greatest firmware?   Being that the system is Phase-II leave out any possibilities of using something like an XTL5000 or and XTS5000 radio.   You’d have to up the radio and that could get costly.

Maybe someone know of a Kenwood, Yaesu, or Icom radio that does Phase-II that may make a good non-affiliating receive only receiver?  A Motorola APX would be pricey.

Good Luck,

Bill