[op25-dev] Why can't I hear fire tones?

Andrew Porrett wap@ica.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sat Jun 16 22:20:26 UTC 2018

I don't see how anything in your replies is helpful.

  - They are definitely tone frames.  Tones run through the vocoder
are irrelevant and OP25 would handle them just fine anyway.

  - Why should the user seek other solutions?  The system is sending
IMBE tone frames and any decoder thrown at it should handle it.

  - And how does simulcast have anything to do with this?  It doesn't.

To the OP:  You need to record the raw signal (I/Q data or FM
demodulated audio) so someone can analyze it.  Then the decoder logic
can be updated to accommodate tone frames and you'll get your audible alerts.