[op25-dev] Why can't I hear fire tones?

'William Becks' wllmbecks@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sat Jun 16 21:19:08 UTC 2018

Do you know if your p25 system is a simulcast (LSM) or not?    Sometimes you can improve the reception of simulcast systems when using a consumer grade receiver not specifically designed for simulcast by using a highly directional (Yagi) antenna aimed at one of the transmitter sites nearest your location.   This doesn’t always work if there is very strong overlap between the various transmitters in the network but is worth a try as the antennas are not all that expensive.

Bill