[op25-dev] Streaming audio from OP25/Raspberry Pi

Chance chance1@lindseyfamily.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Thu Mar 22 12:11:13 UTC 2018

I have been jumping all over the place trying to find a solid solution. I
haven't had a decent opportunity to do a deep dive so basically like
spaghetti, just throwing it to the wall until it sticks.

1. Ubuntu VM on Windows Host.  I7 worked nice for learning and watching
graphs, but did not want to tie up main machine to broadcast.
2. PI3, before I knew about Max and Botboad branches.  Just can't tune
quick enough. Misses short transmissions.
3. Dedicated 5th Gen I5 Desktop with Ubuntu host install, no VM. Tunes much
faster, rarely misses. Audio always ends up crashing at seem point each day..
4. Pi3 with John's image.  Much improved. Idiot proof.  But still late
entry into many conversations. Tried cheap RTL and NoElec.
5. Just arrived, got the PI 3B+.  Slightly faster CPU, better heat-sink.
Going to try and overclock this evening.

I'll probably circle back to number 3 and turn on verbose and start
digging. Eventually want two feeds which desktop can handle.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM, 'William Becks' wa8wg at centurytel.net