[op25-dev] Streaming audio from OP25/Raspberry Pi

Chance chance1@lindseyfamily.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Mon Mar 19 00:16:07 UTC 2018

Hey John,

I followed the instructions at
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Broadcastify_Build
to install their DarkIce version.

It's a manual install outside of any package installer. I'm not sure if
there's a more official way.

I did a APT uninstall on DarkIce. Then

wget http://s.broadcastify.com/darkice/darkice_bcfy_v01.tar.gz

Then in the tar, you'll find a pre-compiled DarkIce file to copy to bin,
INIT.D file, and sample config.

As for the stability, I was using a desktop (non-VM) Ubuntu install with
the "Christmas" OP25 version, and it would stall every few days. That's
probably something that's been fix by now, but just something I was being
mindful of for the next few days.

Take care,

Chance

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 6:23 PM, John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com