[op25-dev] OP25 for noobs by a noob (long)

'WA8WG' wa8wg@centurytel.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sun Aug 6 01:14:50 UTC 2017

That’s correct.    Omitting -T trunk.tsv  is a handy tool to determine the NAC as they are seldom found on Radio Reference.  All you need to know to get started is the active control channel frequency to plug into the scope.py or rx.py command line.   The trunk.tsv must contain the correct P25 System NAC else rx.py will error out and not remain running.  You’ll see what seems to be a frequency error if you have stderr logging enabled on the command line.   This appears to be a bug in the software, so beware if you get strange errors reported when you engage the -T trunk.tsv on the rx.py command line.    I don’t know if this bug presents in scope.py but I am about to test that shortly.

Bill

William G. Becks, WA8WG

N7027 Shady Lane Circle

Porterfield, WI 54159