[op25-dev] Improved logging patch [2 Attachments]

John Ackermann N8UR jra@febo.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jul 26 14:08:56 UTC 2017

I've much improved the frequency/talkgroup logging in the patch I sent
to the list on Monday.  That version just dumped out, once per second,
the freq and talkgroup list shown in the console main window (one line
per freq, with last used tgid.

New version:

  -v 5 prints:

   [timestamp] new freq: [freq]
   [timestamp] new tgid: [tgid] [tag if tagfile present]
   [timestamp] set control freq: [freq] (note: only if cc_trunk changes)

This makes it easy to build a list of all the frequencies and talkgroups
seen on the system, without creating excess output.

-v 6 includes the above and adds a line for every tgid whether new or not:

   [timestamp] set tgid: [tgid]  (note: tag not included)

In addition to the above, this allows simple traffic analysis (how often
is this tgid used, and when).

Also changed: there was a fairly frequent line printed to console about
"process_data_unit timeout".  I changed that to go to stderr when -v is
set to 10 or above, and also added a timestamp.  I have no idea what
this message means, but it doesn't seem to affect program operation.

Attached are both the original patch file from Monday, and the new
patch.  Apply the original one, then patch2 on top of it.

John