[op25-dev] Re: Control channel questions

Alex alex323@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Tue May 9 00:55:50 UTC 2017

On 09 May 2017 00:44:46 +0000
"gnorbury at bondcar.com [op25-dev]" <op25-dev at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Don't assume anything about the voice frequencies.  In a correctly
> configured P25 system you really don't need to know where they are
> because the control channel will tell your receiver where to tune.

Hi, thank you for that information. OP25 is able to parse packets that
arrive via the downstream control channel. As an exercise to myself, I
would like to tune my USRP to the *upstream* control channel and see the
various packets being sent to the fixed station. Surely this is
possible without major architectural changes to OP25, correct?

--
Alex