[op25-dev] Got Ubuntu 16.04 working with SDRPlay

mattfielder@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sun Mar 12 03:03:32 UTC 2017

Put together a new box for this on 14.04, but had some issues unrelated to op25 so got it working on 16.04 instead.

 All it took was installing wx 2.8 in parallel with 3.0 and updating scope.py to import 2.8 instead of 3.0.  All other apps will pickup 3.0 by default so there should be no harm doing that.

 I had to do a bunch of other stuff to get the SDRPlay working nicely via SoapySDR, but now thats its all together its working well at 8MHz.

 Here's the details, think I captured all of them:
 https://gist.github.com/mattfielder/b328e68246d71e245980343a1a2544e7 https://gist.github.com/mattfielder/b328e68246d71e245980343a1a2544e7

 I'm not able to get the Phase2/tdma voice decoding yet, every time scope.py reports a tdma slot in use a few seconds later I just get a timeout message, but the other voice traffic is fine.  The phase 2 problem happened in 14.04 and a rtl-sdr as well, so something I'll have to keep looking at.