[op25-dev] WBX or BasicRX ?

Joseph Cardani jcardani at verizon.net
Sat Mar 15 03:40:53 UTC 2014

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for the suggestion on the WBX. Max also said the same about the WBX over using the ICOM's IF out with the  Basic RX board.

The issue was installing OP25 and it's dependencies using the pybombs script. When attempting to install UHD the script was looking for one of the libusb so files and bombed. I found out that libusb was already there but the file that was a link (simlink?) and this caused the error. I tried to build the latest libusb from source but for some reason the make file was missing which was strange. The computer was a desktop that had been upgraded from ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 and there were several unsuccessful attempts of installing OP25, UHD, etc. Forgive me but I am not a linux expert so my terminology could be off. So yesterday I decided to scrap the old desktop and install 13.10 on a notebook. That went fine and then I ran the python again to install UHD, GNURadio, OP25 and dependencies. That appears to have worked without error. I still have to do some checking and testing but so far things look good.

I will order the USRP and daughterboard hardware sometime next week once I can confirm everything is working fine.

thanks and have a great weekend,

Joe