[op25-dev] RE: help with repeater

Ryan Schilder rjschilder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 04:23:49 UTC 2013

Just a quick update.

I believe I have a working repeater with asterisk app_rpt and op25. I'm
working entirely in vmware so it's a bit easier since i can snapshot
everything.

I have a discriminator tapped pro-95 thats receiving p25 from my motorola
astro saber on 446.000.

 I have one vm running ubuntu 10.04, gnuradio 3.2.2, and op25. Another vm
is running the acid install from app_rpt. The /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf has
been updated based on the examples on the repeater page.

I have the disctap_rx.py pointing to the asterisk vm on port 32001, and the
rpt.conf file on the asterisk vm pointing to the op25 vm on port 34001. I
have the soundcard_tx.py listening on 34001 and using -A pulse (for pulse
audio output).

When i key up on the Astro Saber I hear a p25 stream about .2 seconds
later. I also checked in the asterisk CLI using "show usrp". Everytime I
key up i see additional read/write stats. As soon as I release the mic
button I see a "hungup zaptel....." message, assuming it's closing the
channel.

All I have to do is hook this up to my ft7800r's 9600bps data port and I
should have a working p25 repeater!!!!!

I'm also thinking of using sdr# on my laptop to grab the datastream from
446.000 directly and piping the audio via virtual audio cable. we'll see
how that works.

Thanks for the help Max!!

-Ryan KC9GMY