[op25-dev] project announcements

ikj1234i at yahoo.com ikj1234i at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 23:30:20 UTC 2013

I'm pleased to announce a major new OP25 release, which may be downloaded at http://mattrobert.com/Wireless/op25-gr3.7-0.01.tar.gz

The code has been completely reorganized with the following key changes:
 1) This release of OP25 is compatible with GNU Radio version 3.7 (or newer)
 2) The build system has been changed from autotools/autoconf to cmake
 3) Support for gr-osmosdr has been added.  This means that (in addition to USRP support) hardware support is extended to all devices supported by osmosdr (see http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmoSDR for a complete list of supported hardware)
 4) Experimental trunk tracking support for IMBE voice channels now included (optimized for LSM/CQPSK) in the signal scope application

Not all pieces (in particular the python scripts) have been converted to the new format yet.  Other pieces (for example the Wireshark plugin) should continue to be downloaded from the SVN repository while we work on pulling them into to the new codebase.

Please excuse the mess - we're working to make improvements and this release is the first step in that process.  These code updates will be released as tarballs for the interim period until we can our GIT repository is established.  Please notify the list of questions or problems with this new release.

For more information about the trunking and voice support which has been added to the scope.py app see the wiki page at http://op25.osmocom.org/trac/wiki.png/wiki/SignalScopePage