[op25-dev] Re: Correct decoder: op25_decoder_ff.cc or op25_decoder_bf.cc

trinmole lukekb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 01:54:50 UTC 2013

I just found Steve's earlier posts explaining that op25_decoder_ff.cc was depreciated and to stick a slicer in front of the bf version. I also realized that the OP25 GRC blocks came from Baz. I was able to figure out how hook everything together by looking at that.

After setting the return from general_work in op25_decoder_bf to n, so it only gives output when samples are received, I am able to record P25 CAI voice channels off of a SmartNet system using C++.

I would like to be able to record multiple channels at the same time using multiple instances of OP25. The problem is that I don't think I have enough CPU. I am monitoring 8Mhz of spectrum because the channels are pretty spread out.

Are there any performance tweaks I could try to improve CPU utilization? Are there any Static variables or other things that would make running multiple instances of OP25 or libmbe tough?

 - Luke