[op25-dev] rs decoder in hdu.cc

Matt D md123 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 14:44:57 UTC 2013

Hey,
In the hdu.cc file there is a function 'apply_rs_correction'.  I am
interested in finding out how this works.  What is confusing me is that
I know it works.  But I have been looking at this code and to me it
seems to do essentially nothing???

// apply a different kind of correction
void
hdu::apply_rs_correction(bit_vector& frame)
{
    // pre-processor if statement that is *always false* (0 == false)
#if 0
*// so this code is not included in the final compiled program
   static itpp::Reed_Solomon rs(6, 8, true);

   const size_t rs_codeword[][6] = {
   };
   const size_t nof_codeword_bits = sizeof(codeword_bits) /
sizeof(codeword_bits[0]);

// the end of the pre-processor if statement
#endif
// and that's it for this function? -- so this function is actually
empty in the compiled program???
}

I am putting comments in the code trying to understand it.  What am i
missing here?

--
Matt D