[op25-dev] Re: Full asterisk support?

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Thu Feb 28 14:07:01 UTC 2013

Well I did not get real far
. Acid is built on Centos 5.x and I was trying
to root up the GNURadio prerequisites and finding that rpm support for them
stopped well before the desired versions in the RHEL5.x platform.

As Allstar seems to be in a repository format I am thinking it may be easier
to build it over something newer that has RPM support for the newer version
of the pre-requisites  than source building everything over the older
versions of 5.x

So I started on a basic Desktop install of CentOS 6.x and am trying to get
the GNU parts in. Most seem to be in new enough RPM form and many are in the
base CentOS repository at 6.x platform.

                One of the issues I see with ACID build is lack of GUI and
GUI parts which seem to hook into the GNURadio and/or op25 stuff. So I am
going to see how far I get that way

If I can build the GNURadio pre-requisites and compile it, I will then
attack app_rpt next.. if both of those fly, last will be op25.

                We have a chicken/egg thing as ACID wants to be the core
system and GNURadio/op25 want to be the core system parts built in a GUI.

                One path or the other is going to work but as no one else is
chiming in here I am guessing no one has a better CURRENT solution than the
2010-ish  publishing’s.

                Building all the modules from source means stepping through
a mine field so I would rather use rpm’s when I can that are made for the
versions we are trying to use.

                BTW CentOS 6.x is default installed with Python 2.6.x
already

Doug