[op25-dev] Control channel decoding

Dmitry Medvedev qaghqga at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 08:51:46 UTC 2012

Yes, valve is the block I was looking for. But, first try did not turn well: it works for a while, turning channels on and off, but after 10-100 switches something goes wrong and I get OOOOO. Experiments with dynamic reconfiguration gave me the same results (+memory leak, is there way to tell from python to release block memory after disconnect?). Maybe it's related to threading, as I turn valves on/off from separate thread. I'll try this again in some days.

Regarding the code: right not it's no more than a heap of proof-of-concept python code not tightly connected to gnuradio. Gnuradio part consists of application with multiple channels. Each channel is xlating fir -> quadrature demod -> symbol filter -> fsk4_demod -> slicer -> frame assembler --msg queue--> custom UDP sender (it adds frequency id to udp packet).
And there are standalone python program which receives UDP frames and stores it in db-like format. Further programs work on this files in pure python.
I'll release code in some days after I clean it up a little.

Best regards,
Dmitry