[op25-dev] using op25 from c++

Steve Glass stevie.glass at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:08:00 UTC 2012

I've been planning to refactor things for ages so that accessing P25 from
C++ is easier.

The idea is to move everything that isn't GNURadio-specific into a new
p25lib library and have the blocks link to that. The blocks (repeater,
vocoder, decoder) would then all be integrated into one GNURadio project
which links to p25lib. Then new utilities could simply be written to
process the P25 traffic using p25lib - without a dependency on GNURadio
(they'd simply receive traffic using the CAI-in-UDP encapsulation. I did
start on it but did some private work in p25lib that diverged and I simply
haven't had time to get the blocks re-organized and the C++ refactored.
With luck that will change before too long :-)