S1 handover failure

Redes Comunicaciones Móviles rcm.etsist at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:46:06 UTC 2019

Hello!

I am testing the handover functionality on S1 with 2 eNB of the
OpenAirInterface implementation, both transmitting on the same frequency
and with the same TAC.

The way I do it is ass follows:

   - I start the EPC.
   - I start one of the eNBs.
   - I connect the UE to the network.
   - I start the second eNB.
   - I move the UE away from the first eNB as I move it closer to the
   second eNB.

By following these steps, instead of the handover taking place, what
happens is that the second eNB stops, showing an error, and the UE remains
connected to the first eNB. Here is the error of the second eNB:

[image: image]
<https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/50883711/58153355-165e3e80-7c6f-11e9-9718-b2176e2ed6d6.png>

And in the interface S1 there is no message related to the handover.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong or if this functionality is not
available with the OpenAirInterface eNBs or something like that. I attach
my configuration files and the log of the mme.

I am not sure if the reason for this failure is the NextEPC core or the
eNBs, because I have tried the same EPC configuration with srsENBs and the
messages in the S1 interface are the same.

Kind regards,

Salvador.

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com