CS Fallback in NextEPC

Sukchan Lee acetcom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:14:51 UTC 2019

Dear Osmocom & NextEPC Community,

Today I've added CS Fallback and released NextEPC v0.5.0

So, I'd just like to test this part with Osmocom project, but it seems to
be a difficult task. The reason is why I have little knowledge about 2G/3G.
Nevertheless, I will try to do it

BTW, I don't know if there is anyone who wants to integrate this big thing.
Even though I'm not sure if this will help, but let me introduce the
configuration of the NextEPC.

To use SGsAP, change the mme.conf as follows:

#
#  <sgsap>
#
#  o Single MSC/VLR
#    sgsap:
#      addr: 127.0.0.2
#      plmn_id:
#        mcc: 001
#        mnc: 01
#      tac: 4130
#      lac: 43690
#
#  o Multiple MSC/VLR
#    sgsap:
#      - addr: 127.0.0.2
#        plmn_id:
#          mcc: 001
#          mnc: 01
#        tac: 4131
#        lac: 43692
#      - addr
#         - 127.0.0.3
#         - fe80::2%lo0
#        plmn_id:
#          mcc: 001
#          mnc: 01
#        tac: 4132
#        lac: 43692
#      - name: msc.open5gs.org
#        plmn_id:
#          mcc: 001
#          mnc: 01
#        tac: 4133
#        lac: 43693
#

FYI, I also attach the pcap that I run with nextepc simulator as below.

$ ./tests/testcsfb
mo-idle-test        : SUCCESS
mt-idle-test        : SUCCESS
mo-active-test      : SUCCESS
mt-active-test      : SUCCESS
All tests passed.

Feel free to raise any questions about this things.

Best Regards,
    Sukchan