ignore initial APN

Tomcsányi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue Aug 13 14:56:32 UTC 2019

Hi Matthieu,

I might be wrong here, but I don’t think there is a way allowed in the standards to ignore the UE’s APN. That’s why you can end up even in commercial networks without mobile data access - not knowing the correct APN will make it impossible for the network to route your traffic. Most networks when you connect using an incorrect APN tend to send a text message containing the correct one to fix the issue in the UE.

Naturally I’d assume there is a way to hack into nextEPC to ignore the UEs APN but I’d consider this a hack, not a real solution. I think it is better to make sure UEs are provisioned correctly.

Just my 2cents worth of opinion :)

Cheers,
Domi