R: Re: R: Re: How to build Wireshark-1.6.7 against patched libpcap

chiccus2003 at libero.it chiccus2003 at libero.it
Wed May 30 19:24:19 UTC 2012

Hi Samuel,

thanks again for the help.

I uninstalled the libnl, libdect and libpcap from the directory /usr/src;

then

I installed the libnl, libdect and libpcap in the directory /usr/local.

I compile wireshark-1.6.7 in the directory /usr/src or in the directory
/usr/local with:
sudo ./configure --with-pcap=/usr/local

but nothing, I get always the following error:

checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap with -lcfg -lodm... no
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap with -lpfring... no
configure: error: Can't link with library libpcap.

(I attach the new config.log file of libpcap and libnl).

I think that the problem (undefined reference to nl_dect_cell_get_name) is
solved.

With best regards,
Umberto