debt 6.0 rf band

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Wed Aug 8 15:26:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012, Frédéric LECAILLE wrote:

> The driver seems to work but the issue is that I am trying to use it in USA for an American client, and I did not managed to make this card use the 1.9Mhz band (rf band 3 I guess).
>
> When I run this command:
>
> dect-transceiver-list --name trx2 I see that slot0 is scanning:
>
> DECT Transceiver trx2 at cell0:
> 	Type: sc1442x
> 	Features: slow-hopping,p64
> 	RF-band: 00003
> 	Events: busy: 0 late: 0
>
> 	slot 0: <scanning> packet: P00 carrier: 5 (1888.704 MHz)
> 	    RX: bytes 0 packets 0 a-crc-errors 1629 x-crc-errors 0 z-crc-errors 0
>

> but it nevers uses RF band 3 channel.
>
> For you information I have patch the driver this way to set the default debt rf band to 3:

Your patch looks fine. The problem is most likely that in all bands
carriers 0-9 use the same frequency, so I'm guessting that US-DECT
uses different carrier numbers. I wasn't able to find anything related
to that in the base specification. If you can find a document defining
the exact operation of US-DECT, I can modify the stack in order to
properly support it.