[gr-gsm] installation issue

Piotr Krysik ptrkrysik at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 14:42:57 UTC 2020

Hello,

W dniu 15.01.2020 o 18:20, MG - SMS ARSIA pisze:
> Hello, I would like to install gr-gsm but I have some problems.
>
> I give you some information about the installation tries:
>
>  1. OS Ubuntu 14.04
>  2. version of gnuradio : 3.6.5.1 (the one compatible with Ubuntu 14, do
>     you propose another version?)
You'll need at least 3.7.9 and on Ubuntu 14.04 you'll need to build it
from source.

>  3. I follow the instructions on
>     https://osmocom.org/projects/gr-gsm/wiki/Installation. I used two
>     methods
>      1. for ubuntu 16 (?) but during the build I have a fatal error:
>         “fatal error : gnuradio/attributes.h not found” in api.h
>
> there is a header file named “attributes.h” in my gnuradio installation,
> maybe I should “connect it” in the file?
>
>      2. I tried with Pybombs, but it’s so difficult and I obtained many
>         dependencies problems
I haven't checked pybombs installation after GNU Radio 3.8 release. So
the description of Python installation on the wiki is probably outdated
now as you now have to specify that you want to install GNU Radio 3.7:
https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs
>  3. I installed libosmocore from the source

With Ubuntu as old as 14.04 you are probably doomed to build everything
from source (GNU Radio with its dependencies + gr-gsm and libosmocore).

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik