Few questions about Osmo-GMR

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue May 25 17:29:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

> 1. I need some more info about S band GMR - what sat is this , az / el ,
> what trafic etc.

No clue. Hasn't been observed ... by me at least.

> 2. About gmr1 ambe decode - i tried about dozens of .dat files from gmr1
> rx live  , some give me ! codec errors , some not , but all .wav audio
> files are scrambled ,speesh is not recognized at all .. is there some
> clear traffic at all, or all is A5/2 coded ?

On thuraya it's all encrypted AFAIK so you won't get anything if you
don't have the key.

> 3. If all is scrambled where i may find offline tables / H n matrix/,any
> source that may generate them ? And if i have tables how they will be
> integrated with existing osmo-gmr ? I see gmr1_gen_mat that generates
> G/g matrix .. some more info about that .. .G and .g files seems so
> small ..

The G / g matrix are small, nothing big to them.
And no, I don't have any plan for integration of any crypto break
inside the open-source osmo-gmr itself.
If you have commercial need for it, you can contact me privately.

Cheers,

     Sylvain