osmo-gsm-tester[master]: ms: Add a main function to start all of it
Pau Espin Pedrol
gerrit-no-reply at lists.osmocom.org
Mon Feb 26 01:36:01 UTC 2018
Patch Set 3:
Overall it looks fine as a first working step, but I'd like seeing all this a lot better integrated with current osmo-gsm-tester, so that you can re-use more stuff which might be useful (testsuites, test, junit output, configuration of resources, etc.) and we can also re-use later in the future some stuff you are adding (using mobible app as ms, virtphy, etc). I understand that you are not familiar with all this specific osmo-gsm-tester parts, and some require some good amount of work, so we can merge it in a separate dir as it is now and work on it later.
What I envision is to have all this fully integrated at some point:
* mobile "app" + lua script + unix socket being an implementation of the Modem class (which we currently implement using ofono, but use the same API to be able to share tests).
* Have a OsmoBTSVirtphy implementation (bts_osmo_virtphy.py) the same way we have other osmo-bts implementations.
* To be able to handle both virt arfcn and real arfcn, we should add a property to arfcn resources to be able to disntiguish those for tests (and add it to the logic when implementing arfcn resources correctly, see https://osmocom.org/issues/2230).
* Improve our current loop to use passive polling for all the things which can be used this way (some still require active polling with a timeout, we can just add a timerfd for it or some specific implementation to handle a list of timers).
* Move most of the stuff in __main__ in this commit to a test in suites/suite_foobar/test_foobar.py and run it together with other currnet tests.
To view, visit https://gerrit.osmocom.org/6919
To unsubscribe, visit https://gerrit.osmocom.org/settings
Gerrit-Owner: Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>
Gerrit-Reviewer: neels <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>
More information about the gerrit-log