[camp2019-village] Your input required now (Re:Osmocom Village at CCC Camp 2019)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jun 24 05:58:35 UTC 2019

Dear all,

update:

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 10:51:50AM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:

> * I received an alternative quote for tent rental for significantly less
>   but still quite pricey: EUR 574 (250 for the tent, 144 for optional wooden floor,
>   180 for delivery, build-up, tear-down and removal).

FYI: The best alternative quote for a 6x3m tent with wooden floor incl.
delivery/buildup/teardown/pickup I received by now is EUR 294.

> 3) an "Osmocom village" part of "Singularity city", which means you'd have to
>    contribute EUR 75 for the singularity city tax.

The majority of people have indicated a preference for that option, so
I will set that in motion.

The question is now whether we want to rent a separate "daytime" tent
despite being part of singularity city or not.  I'm personally inclined
to go for the "let's keep it simple" option and rely on the singularity city
infrastructure, but I'm also happy to chip in if people think we better make
sure to have more than enough space and put up another tent (at 8 people
that would be another 36 EUR per person).

My offer to buy some "beer garden" tables/benches and make them
available (excluding logistics) still holds/stands, irrespective of any
of the above.