[camp2019-village] Your input required now (Re:Osmocom Village at CCC Camp 2019)

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 09:09:55 UTC 2019

Hi Harald,

> * I received an alternative quote for tent rental for significantly less
>   but still quite pricey: EUR 574 (250 for the tent, 144 for optional wooden floor,
>   180 for delivery, build-up, tear-down and removal).

Is that for the same size tent ?  Also I guess that doesn't include
any table/chairs right ?

I don't think we ever had wooden floor at previous events.

I know we handled shipping / build-up / tear-down ourselves, but
obviously that require someone with the means to transport that and
time for build / tear-down.
I get on site on the 20th (~ midday) and leave on the 25th evening if
that helps.

> 1) an "Osmocom village" without infrastructure such as a shared large "hack tent", or

Definitely not. I mean, I think the whole point of the camp is to get
together and work/hack on stuff.
Without  a good place to set down that makes it difficult.

> 2) an "Osmocom village" with a rented tent, and you are willing to contribute
>    up to EUR XXX, or
>
> 3) an "Osmocom village" part of "Singularity city", which means you'd have to
>    contribute EUR 75 for the singularity city tax.

I'm good with either of those options. And as for the XXX, I think
anything less than 100 EUR is reasonable for me.
Unfortunately coming by plane, I can't really bring much
"infrastructure" with me. So I definitely wouldn't mind be part of
singularity city and have someone else handle the logistics.
I think it might just depend on how many people we are and if they can
accept us without being crowded :p

Cheers,

    Sylvain