[camp2019-village] Your input required now (Re:Osmocom Village at CCC Camp 2019)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jun 22 08:51:50 UTC 2019

Dear all,

Further updates:

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 07:01:09PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 06:54:04PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> > pricing.  The smallest possible tent (6m x 3m) would cost 825 EUR.  I'm not
> > sure we want to raise that amount of money?  Even if we'd be 10 people sharing
> > it, its still 82.50 EUR per person.  And that excludes any tables/chairs.
>
> FYI, the 825 EUR 6m x 3m tent would be:
> * Height: 2.30m, PVC curtains, cassette floor.
> * Price includes buildup and teardown.
> * As we need to check every order with our contractor for availability,
>   please allow for up to 10 days for a confirmation of your order.

* I received an alternative quote for tent rental for significantly less
  but still quite pricey: EUR 574 (250 for the tent, 144 for optional wooden floor,
  180 for delivery, build-up, tear-down and removal).

* I was in touch with Jan from stratum0, which is the hackerspace organizing
  the "singularity city".  There are various (german) details available at
  https://singularitycity.de/ and https://singularitycity.de/kosten.html.  They
  will organize a large 8x12m tent, plus kitchen tent, plus another one for workshops,
  refrigeration for drinks, breakfast buffet, power distribution, lighting, ...

  There would be a EUR 75 fee per Person, which I think is rather fair considering
  the other options, where renting a tent alone would get us into the same order
  of magnitude.

In any case, what I need *now* is feedback from those people actually attending

Do you prefer

1) an "Osmocom village" without infrastructure such as a shared large "hack tent", or

2) an "Osmocom village" with a rented tent, and you are willing to contribute
   up to EUR XXX, or

3) an "Osmocom village" part of "Singularity city", which means you'd have to
   contribute EUR 75 for the singularity city tax.

Please provide your feedback no later than June 23rd, 23:59 CEST. I will
be making arrangements (or no arrangements) on June 24th, before leaving on
holidays.