[bbs-revival] VoIP Modem and Wardialer for the 2020

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Mon Jan 6 09:57:32 UTC 2020

Hi Harald,

while there are many testing that must yet be done, surely Linmodem
and/or Fisher-Modem are much more complete DSP than Asterisk-Softmodem.

So, reaching the stage where one of the two get integrate directly, make
much more sense.

I built both C softmodem and saw their command line, requiring as input
a "dsp" .

Now i've opened this ticket:

Test integration of Linmodem & Fisher-Modem into the VoIP Wardialer
trough PJSUA and Alsa hacking
https://github.com/x25today/voipwardialer/issues/16

The idea is that we may try to use those Softmodem by playing with the
Alsa Loopback interface having:

- 1 Audio virtual audio device for a normal VoIP Modem (being our pjsua
or other stack or even a graphical client)

- 1 Audio virtual audio device for the Softmodem command line (for
easier testing)

Those crossed trough Alsa Loopback interface, but formally each having
it's own audio device.

Did you considered for testing something like this? As it could be a
quick and dirty hacking approach, yet to be tested

-naif