[bbs-revival] Plans for #36C3 / Status Report

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Fri Oct 25 18:46:36 UTC 2019

Hi again,

FYI, I've meanwhile registered a "BBS Revival / Retronetworking" assembly
at https://signup.c3assemblies.de/assembly/050e89eb-841d-4722-a640-c2b2eba695b6

I would be great if some other people attending 36C3 would be interested in getting
involved and helping with the actual physical setup on-site, as well as sticking
around at least for some time during the event to help users/visitors with setting
up their terminal program, modem, logging into BBSs, etc.

I will bring a few (old) laptops with terminal programs installed and
modem/ISDN-TA attached, as well as lots of additional
modems/cables/adapters which people can connect to their own laptops.
I'm planning for something like a total of 10 seats where people can
connect.

It would also still be great if anyone else wanted to bring an old or new BBS to
the event, whether in physical form or in form of a VM image.

We also have to work on mundane tasks such as designing + printing a
large sing/banner (probably best in ANSI-ART?), and maybe some kind of
HOWTO document that newbies can use as guidance for how to get started.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/