Declaratively describing network topology (WAS Re: Scaling up virtual bts tests for the BTS test - how I hold it wrong?)

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Jan 22 15:16:18 UTC 2019

> On 4. Jan 2019, at 02:36, Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de> wrote:

Hey Pau!

Please take your time to respond to this. I understand that this will stall for some time now.

> Does this change anything for you?

When looking at the p4[1][2] examples I noticed they are in a similar situation. E.g. when building a network of 100 switches, it doesn't say how they are connected (I would make it one big loop).

I think we are in a similar situation and have a need to define topology (without having to rewrite the test).

In the interim I will make sure we can execute our single test properly.

holger

[1] A language to program network flow/switches.
[2] https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/dc08948a344c6ff26af47d2a2447800cab94ab49/exercises/load_balance/topology.json