Approach to system testing for Osmocom stack

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Jan 21 20:16:42 UTC 2018

> On 10. Jan 2018, at 23:39, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

Hi!

> If you reuse osmo-gsm-tester code for templates or the like, then it should
> probably go there.  If not, OsmocomBB seems like the more logical place.
> Would be great if in that case it is some kind of python library/module
> and a small 'main' wrapper around.  This way the library could later be
> used by whatever is starting both the network and the 'mobile's.

small progress update. I will use "luasocket" to open a af_unix dgram socket
from the testcase, a small json library, the template, log and maybe the
process code from osmo-gsm-tester. I will give Python's asyncio a try as
well. It has unix socket and subprocess support.

Right now there a lot of loose ends but I should be able to make progress
from here.

holger