GAPK merge request

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 17:40:30 UTC 2018

Hi Harald,

> I've done some casual review and it looks great to me.

Thanks.

> I would suggest internal symbols (those not with osmo_gapk_ prefix,
> like gapk_log_subsys, LOGPAPK, ...) use an internal header file which
> is not installed in the system. The header files installed during
> 'make install' should only describe the external API of the library

The mentioned logging related symbols are not installed:

> noinst_HEADERS = \
>     osmocom/gapk/logging.h \

The only thing I am not sure about is 'get_cycles.h' header. At the
moment, it is installed together with other headers, because it's
a dependency of 'benchmark.h'. But, it seems I just got an idea,
how to avoid this dependency - simply use 'unsigned long long'
instead of the 'cycles_t', which is imported from 'get_cycles.h'.

> the source/sink/coec category name stringification should not
> define those strings in every file, but have a value_string
> or at least some #defines or the like.

Thanks, good idea.

> I suggest you simply rebase your chain of commits on current
> master and push it into gerrit.

But this way, each commit of the whole chain would require +2
and V+1, because 'make check' was implemented at the end of
the chain.

What if I merge 'fixeria/lib' into a local 'master' and send
it for review? I think, this would be simpler. Or would this
anyway send the whole chain to review? :)

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.