Building RFFE to work on MSM

Marek Sebera marek.sebera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:08:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

if following architecture is correct
https://images.anandtech.com/doci/6541/RadioToday2.png

What are currently available chips, using which we can build the RFFE
part of BBP (such as Analog Devices ADF4602 or Avago ACPM-7600) so we
can start working on UMTS/LTE software/protocol stack implementation on
some commonly available Intel/ARM/AMD SoC (or multi-core SoC) ?

If the RFFE part of BBP will be stable, work needed on MSM (Mobile
Station Modem, i know it's Qalcomm's term) will be tremendous, but not
unreal. Also might be partially ported current osmocomBB, but without
working RFFE it is really hard to get the software started imho.

Or is there something I don't get right now?

Thank you

Cheers!
Marek