layer23/mobile: VTY is broken

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Oct 23 14:24:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:43:52PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> I think in general we should not fall into that trap.  We have *no clue* at all
> who might be using libosmo* for whatever purpose.  If we provide a libary with
> a given API/ABI, then it's our responsibility to keep that ABI/API as stable as
> possible.

True.

There are ways to fix this one: we can allow to register a given command a
second time, which then replaces the previously registered command. We can also
allow this only for the common node commands.

Should I implement this? Then upon new release, all potential VTY users out
there can still register their own common node commands to replace the default
ones and should not experience breakage.

~N