layer23/mobile: VTY is broken

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 21:12:25 UTC 2017

Hi Neels,

> Can you explain why custom 'exit' commands need to
> be dropped? That shouldn't be the case for a telnet
> VTY, only while reading in VTY config from a file.

I think, this happens due to the following change:

22bc45b8bfb8d0f2d8a46c6e945f3b4388fdced0

since which every application does install default
commands by default, including 'exit' and 'end'.

At the moment there are the custom 'exit' and 'end'
commands in the OsmocomBB/mobile/vty_interface.c.
So, the crash happens because it attempts to install
already existing commands.

> Then it should be my fault. Can I do anything
> to help fix it?

I've prepared a fix for that, have a look please:

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4373

Also, I've fixed one more thing by the way:

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4374

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.