layer23/mobile: VTY is broken

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 16:03:10 UTC 2017

On 22 October 2017 at 19:20,
Snehasish Kar <snehasish.cse at live.com> wrote:

> Hello Vadim
>
> I tried using your trxcon along with grgsmtrx,
> but when i start the app mobile in the l2l3 software
> it gives me the following error:
>
> Assert failed !check_element_exists(cnode, cmd->string) command.c:627
> backtrace() returned 7 addresses
> /usr/local/lib/libosmovty.so.3(install_element+0x136) [0x7f7a8c7fd4b6]
> ./mobile() [0x43d371]
> ./mobile() [0x40548e]
> ./mobile() [0x4049e7]
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f7a8bffaf45]
> ./mobile() [0x404a83]
>
> Please help.

Hi,

This message was forwarded to the ML. Please do the same
in the future to make others able to know about the problem
and possible solutions.

Actually, this crash isn't related to trxcon application
anyhow, it's caused by the recent libosmocore changes,
related to the VTY default nodes. A quick solution would
be to drop all custom 'exit' commands from the
'vty_interface.c'.

I'll try to fix the problem in spare time...
If you have some time and feel yourself able
to write a proper fix, just send me a patch,
and I'll review one ASAP ;)

BTW: we have some updates regarding to TX support.
Please look at the 'origin/ptrkrysik/trx' and
'axilirator/fixeria/trx' on GitHub.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.