Libre baseband

Marek Sebera marek.sebera at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:48:17 UTC 2017

Hi Harald!

* using phones that don't use secure/authenticated boot for the BBP, or
  those where the certificates have leaked and/or exploits are known

<>> Do we currently have any candidates? Or list of potential
candidates? Are ie. Nexus devices friendlier ?

* finding the time to work on the protocol stack beyond classic 2G which
  is currently implemented in OsmocomBB.

<>> Wild idea this might be, but do we need BBP with 2G stack ? Could we
settle for LTE-only open BBP ? I'm thinking about doing some chip works
and minimizing the software stack based on srsUE

Cheers :)
Marek