nuttx-bb layout? inside or outside nuttx?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Oct 13 07:09:21 UTC 2016

Hi Craig,

this is just a small note that I just met Marcin Mielczarczyk (who did
the existing but still incomplete MTK support work a few years back) at
Embedded Linux Conf Europe, and informed him about your work.

It is really exciting for both of us to see somebody picking this up and
trying to bring things together.

If I'm not mistaken, you basically have the following agenda:

* Structure OsmocomBB in a way that it can be built 'side-by-side into Nuttx

* Build /integrate it from the fernvale nuttx port that is available

* Implement the bulk of the MTK L1 integration, i.e. the interface to
  the DSP.

And afterwards hope that you have something that supports either the
Fernvale, SIM800H, Linkit One, or other MTK 2G baseband chips out there.

Please let me know this was an accurate understanding.