Calypso BTS: my phone my phone doesn't see my base station

craig at unreasonablefarm.org craig at unreasonablefarm.org
Thu Dec 15 13:52:39 UTC 2016

> Sorry I do not fully understand where to change the signal strength... in my
> file open-bsc.cfg in section trx , nominal power is equal to 23. Where
> should I make changes ?

In regards to setting gain, would it be a call to this function?

src/target/firmware/rf/trf6151.c:146
int trf6151_set_gain_reg(uint8_t dbm, int high)

I found that rffe_set_gain is the only caller of trf6151_set_gain_reg and
the only caller of rffe_set_gain seems to not be adjusting the gain based
on any measurements.

So maybe there needs to be new code which adjusts the gain?

-Craig