osmocommBB and USRP2

Tomcsányi Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Sun Jul 19 11:22:59 UTC 2015

OsmocomBB could be used for many things, one example is demonstrating GSM’s insecurity, but the research and work to do that was done by people who were interested in the topic and did this on their own. Of course the creators of the project are not trying to limit anyone to do anything with OsmocomBB, that’s the main idea behind free and open source, however the project’s main aim is still to provide a framework, which one can use to do different things with GSM easily (not necessarily security related stuff!). So that’s why I told you not to expect much help (especially specific help or instructions) about sniffing with osmocomBB.