Starting up.

playmobilehiho at aol.fr playmobilehiho at aol.fr
Mon Jul 13 06:15:26 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,
First of all congratulations for the community's work, i've seen Talks about gsm/osmocom/Core network (Karsten, Harald, Sylvain, Tobias). It's impressive.
I'm pretty new in the GSM world.
I would like to practice tests concerning the obtention of LAC,CID (1/ of the phone using osmocombb, 2/on regular phone in same area of the osmo-bb phone 3/on a phone somewhere)
According to the talks this can be achieved using MAP/SCCP and core network access, but i dont really want to mess with this.
Can O-bb helps me to retrieve this LAC,CID informations in these three situations? (for the first case, i'm sure it can.)
According to gsm protocol stack ( http://www.rfwireless-world.com/images/gsm-protocol-stack.jpg ) we can see that the BSC is able to talk with MSC using BSS MAP/SCCP does that mean that i actually need to use openbsc on a phone
and osmoBB on another phone to achieve my tests?
For all of this, will i find a good starting code in sylvain/burst_ind branch? will i need non standard baud-rates serial cable? (You guessed it right, i still not have ordered my serial cables).
What i've done so far is getting E88 device and compiled the core libs and bb.(i really start)
I know my questions are pretty noob compared to all other messages in this list, please accept my apologies if i'm posting in the wrong list.
Thank you in advance.
Jean.

---
(Playmobile, en avant les histoires)