Osmocom-bb cell sync problem in my version without HW

Miroslav Babjak clovnrian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:52:21 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am working on modification the osmocom-bb project. I try modified the
osmocom-bb which could communicate with BTS via UDP sockets.

Here you can find the project:
https://github.com/clovnrian/osmocom-bb-gprs-no-hw

I have problem with cell syncing. This is output from mobile:

<0003> gsm322.c:2947 Channel synched. (ARFCN=17, snr=0, BSIC=0)
<0003> gsm322.c:698 Starting CS timer with 4 seconds.
<0001> gsm322.c:2968 using DSC of 90

The CS timer always timeout. On github you can see what messages BTS sends
to mobile.

Does anybody know what I have to do to or what message I have to send to
mobile?

I will be grateful for any help

With regards
Miroslav Babják