Motorola C139 V1.9.24 Won't Load from osmocom-bb

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 03:39:27 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I have a Motorola C139 handset with SW Ver 1.9.24 and a CP2102 USB/UART
adapter, which I hope(d) to use with osmocom-bb.

In Ubuntu 13.10 (running on [non-virtualized] hardware with an Intel i5-750
CPU), I compiled the toolchain, prerequisites, and osmocom-bb, but when I
run the following command (and then briefly press the phone's power button)
:

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c140
../../target/firmware/board/compal_e86/loader.compalram.bin

I get the following output:

got 7 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66 74 6d 74 6f 6f 6c  ftmtool
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r

If I briefly press the power button repeatedly, I receive similar output.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how I might be able to
coax this into working.

Thanks,
Rusty D