Missing packet when sniffing by luca/gsmmap

Swift changchuan618 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:46:14 UTC 2014

Hi there,
 I am sorry to bother you but I am really confused by recent experiment.
When I was doing the GSM sniffing I found that some of sms messages that
were sent continuesly were missing, I can only capture 50-60% of all test
messages. By analyzing wireshark data I found that osmocom program keeps
tracking packets(lapdm) once an Immediate Assignment captured and if at the
same time there comes another Immediate Assignment the program will miss
it.I think this is the reason why i lost some messages.So is there any
suggestions I can fix this up? Like using a backup phone to capture the
second Immediate Assignment during one period?

Thanks,

Swift